Country getaway combining culture and nature
for a 2 night stay
This charming package offers diverse activities, including canoeing on the L’Assomption River, exploring Nouvelle-Acadie and relaxing at Auberge Le Cheval Bleu in Saint-Alphonse-Rodriguez. A truly memorable trip!
Head to the picturesque town of Saint-Jacques in Nouvelle-Acadie. A fascinating, little-known history awaits you! At the town’s interpretation centre, you’ll learn about the incredible adventure of the Acadians who founded Nouvelle-Acadie in Lanaudière. Next, make your way to Saint-Alphonse-Rodriguez to check into your accommodations, where you’ll spend the next two nights. Le Cheval Bleu is a friendly Auberge that serves delicious regional cuisine. Located on a magnificent, peaceful 13-hectare private domain in the heart of nature, this inn also features walking trails and an in-ground pool.
After a hearty breakfast, head to Au Canot Volant in Saint-Côme to enjoy “La Petite Descente,” an exciting 6-km white-water river descent. Next, unwind during happy hour around the pool, before enjoying a delightful dinner featuring local flavours.
After breakfast, head to Saint-Jean-de-Matha, you’ll take a tour of Maison Louis-Cyr and learn all about a most remarkable Quebec athlete who lived in this charming small town.
• Lodging at Auberge le Cheval Bleu 3***, in Saint-Alphonse-de-Rodriguez
• From two nights in a double room, dinners and breakfasts
• Access to the in-ground pool and walking trails at the Auberge
• 6-km independent river descent, including a canoe at Au Canot Volant in Saint-Côme
• Admission to Maison de la Nouvelle-Acadie in Saint-Jacques
• Access to Maison Louis Cyr in St-Jean de Matha
• Please allow a 24 hours delay for booking confirmation
• Applicable taxes to be added
• Because of the sanitary measures related to the Covid, some elements could be modified: example: breakfasts to be taken in bedroom, sauna and baths not accessible
• A 25% discount is exclusive to residents of Quebec able to provide a valid proof of residence
Optional places to visit nearby
• Vallee Verte Farm and cheese shop in Saint-Jean-de-Matha
• Val Notre-Dame Abbey and its regional products store in Saint-Jean-de-Matha